Sunday, March 13, 2011

Stuffed Onions (and spinach omelets)


WARNING: You must love onions to like this recipe.

Nathan usually starts dinner on Wednesdays while I am at work (he’s so sweet). A few Wednesdays ago, when I got home, I helped him – really all I did was beat some eggs. Well, I guess I chopped all the veggies before I went to work so all he would have to do is cook - and let me say, taking the core out of an onion is no easy task.

I got the recipe for the stuffed onions from College Vegetarian Cooking: Feed Yourself and Your Friends by Megan Carle, Jill Carle and the omelet recipe from the April 2008 edition of Martha Stewarts Everyday Foods. I’m fairly certain that Quinoa is a complete protein – so the eggs really weren’t necessary – but a growing boy doesn’t see a stuffed onion as a whole meal. Even though he loves his veggies, he still said halfway through the meal, “this would be really great with meat in it, maybe sausage?”

Carrots, mushrooms, peppers, celery, and Quinoa in an onion.
Baked omelet with spinach, asparagus, and cheddar cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment